Experience over 350 years of history
Built in 1658, this Jacobean Great House is only one of three existing in the Western Hemisphere. The Property has been tastefully restored as a sustainable heritage attraction and working plantation, producing its own unique single cask rums, which has received international acclaim. The tour includes the Great House, gardens, small museum, factory, distillery, not to be missed short movie circa 1930 and rum tasting. For the enthusiast, the private Rum Experience Tour, is bookable on select days with owner, Larry Warren. We also operate an authentic Victorian steam railway on the plantation.
Rum Experience Tours
For anyone with a "passion for rum", owner and master distiller, Larry Warren, offers a personalised Rum Experience Tour. Call ahead and book your slot and learn about the history of sugarcane and rum, go behind the scenes of the distillery "Annabelle", and taste the full range of Abbey rums including our aged rums!
Please Email: email@example.com for more information.
*pre-booking is required
Price is BBD$250 per person.
Opening Times & Prices
OPENING DAYS & TIMES:
- Open Sunday to Friday. (Closed Saturdays).
- Gate opens at 9:30am with last admission at 3:30pm. We close at 5:00pm.
- The Great House opens 10.00am with last admissions at 3.30pm. The Great House closes at 5.00pm.
- Train departs: 10.00am 11.30am. 1.30pm. 2.30pm
- Combo (Heritage Railway + The Great House) BBD $120
- Heritage Railway Only BBD $66
- The Great Only BBD $66
- Children 3-14 are $24 (Combo - $36) *Children under 3 are FREE
Walk ins are welcome for the Heritage Railway and bookings are not required. You can purchase tickets in advance by visiting: snahr.com/tickets
Explore St. Nicholas Abbey
Weddings, Special Events & Private Dinners
From that intimate private occasion in a tropical rainforest setting to a more lavish affair in the grounds of the Abbey, or on Heritage Steam Train, We offer it all, Bells & "steam" whistles & chandeliers from the trees!! We make it memorable.